Eisai privacy statement
Eisai Co., Ltd. Technical and Scientific Office (“Eisai” or “we”), a technical and scientific office existing under the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, under commercial registration number 1010311428 dated 25/07/1432 H, with its registered address at the Office #24 in building #5 located on Salah Ad Din Al Ayyubi Road, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This privacy statement is an important document which explains how we collect and use any personal data. Please select the relevant option from the list below to read the applicable privacy statement which will explain how we will use your personal data.
If you have any queries about how Eisai handles your personal data which are not covered by this privacy statement please contact Data_Protection_EMEA@Eisai.net.
1.1 I am using this website
This section applies if you are using this website.
1.1.1 When do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you when:
- You access this website;
1.1.2 What information do we collect about you?
We only collect data that is relevant for purposes given in 1.1.1 above and this may include: Information about your visits to our website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths) in order to enhance user experience.
The analytical cookies collect information from our website visitors to enable us to count the number of visitors to this website and to see how visitors use the website; this helps us to improve the way that our website works. The analytical cookies used on this website are non-intrusive and collect only anonymous information.
1.1.4 How do we use your personal data?
The information we collect from you will only be used to count the number of visitors to this website, to see how visitors use the website and to help us to improve our website.
1.2 I am contacting Eisai about an Eisai product
This section applies if you are contacting Eisai about an Eisai product
1.2.1 When do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you if you contact us to report potential safety issues relating to any Eisai product, or if you otherwise contact us to request medical information relating to any Eisai product.
Please note that Eisai cannot provide medical advice to members of the public and we will direct you to your healthcare professional for medical advice and guidance. Medical Information can provide factual information that is available in the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) to members of the public if this is relevant to your question.
1.2.2 What information do we collect about you?
We only collect information that is relevant for purposes given in 1.2.1 and this may include where you contact Eisai about an Eisai product:
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as your address, email or telephone number;
- Details of the potential safety issue about an Eisai product that you are reporting;
- Information about you or the other person who has taken the product (if reporting a potential safety issue), including age, sex, health condition, and the contact details of the healthcare professional who prescribed the product;
- Details of any request you may make for medical information about an Eisai product
1.2.3 How do we use your personal data?
The information we collect from you and obtain for the purposes given in 1.2.1 will only be used to:
- Comply with Eisai’s legal obligations in relation to the reporting of safety or quality issues relating to Eisai products;
- If you are a member of the public requesting medical information, respond to your request by directing you to contact your healthcare professional;
- If you are a healthcare professional requesting medical information, respond to your request by providing factual information that is available in the PIL if this is relevant to your question;
2 Rights, sharing your data, changes to this privacy statement and how to contact us
2.1 What are your rights?
In respect of the personal data that we have collected about you, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to:
- Request access to this personal data,
- Request the correction of this personal data,
- Request the erasure of this personal data,
- Request that we restrict how we process this personal data,
- Object to how we process this personal data, and
- Request a copy of the personal data you have provided to Eisai in an electronic format.
You can also withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time but this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before that time.
We will consider any such request made in accordance with applicable data protection laws. However, please note that there may be a legal or other valid reason why Eisai may not be able to process your request in whole or in part.
Where you have requested that we delete your personal data, we will either delete or anonymise this personal data. Where it is not possible for us to delete or anonymise your personal data we will take steps to put the personal data beyond use where it will be securely stored until such time as we are able to delete or anonymise it.
You have a right to complain to the Communication and Information Technology Commission if you are not satisfied with the way we are handling your data. You can write, email or call the Communication and Information Technology Commission by visiting their “contact us” page via this link: https://www.citc.gov.sa/en/services/complaints/Pages/default.aspx If you would like to make a request to access, correct or delete the personal data we have collected about you, please send an email to [TBC].
2.2 Who do we share your data with?
We may share your data with:
- Authorised teams and individuals within Eisai;
- Other entities in the Eisai group (also see 2.3 below);
- Third-party suppliers or potential suppliers who provide related services or business systems used by to Eisai to securely process your data;
- Our regulators and/ or any other competent authority who have powers to request disclosure of personal information we hold or to whom we are required by law to disclose such information; and
- Professional advisors.
2.3 Sharing your data
Personal data we collect from you may be transferred to countries outside KSA where Eisai has operations. As an international organisation Eisai operates in a number of countries including in the European Economic Area (EEA), Japan and USA. The list of countries where the various Eisai Group entities are located is available here: https://www.eisai.com/company/profile/group/index.html
We also use third party suppliers to provide business tools for reporting and keeping a record in relation to the reporting of safety or quality issues relating to Eisai products, and we share your personal data with these third party service providers. Some of these providers may be outside KSA.
2.4 Changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement may be updated by Eisai from time to time; please visit the [insert address] website at any time to view the latest version.
2.5 How to contact us
You can contact Eisai by using the email address mailto:Data_Protection_EMEA@Eisai.net or by writing to the address given above.